Tips for a Great Zoo Visit!
- Please note that during warm weather, the animals are more active in the mornings when it is cooler. May we suggest an early start for your visit? We open at 9:00 AM.
- If you arrive at the Zoo later in the day, you may wish to go to the Elephant Exhibit first to assure you have a chance to see Emily and Ruth before they go inside for the evening.
- Please keep in mind that the Zoo is very busy toward the end of the school year (especially in the month of May) as schools take their field trips to the Zoo during weekdays. You may wish to plan for a weekend visit during this time.
- If you have small children, you should check out the Toe Jam Puppet Band which performs every Monday (outside, weather permitting, otherwise held inside). The cost is $5.00 per family plus zoo admission.
- The best time for food service on Mondays is a half-hour before and during the Toe Jam Puppet Band shows. The Bear’s Den Cafe tends to become crowded right after the performance.
- During really hot weather, the Zoo has misting stations for visitors at the Mt. Lion Exhibit and Domestic Barn. Please take advantage of these opportunities to cool off!
Helpful links to plan your visit: