- The Buttonwood Park Zoo received approximately 168,000 visitors in 2012.
- The Buttonwood Park Zoo is nationally accredited by the American Zoo and Aquarium Association. It was established in 1894 and is the 12th oldest zoo in the United States.
- In the AZA’s 2003 accreditation report, the team of zoo professionals who visited the Zoo called Buttonwood Park Zoo “one of the finest small zoos in the United States”.
- The Buttonwood Park Zoological Society is a private, nonprofit, tax-exempt organization that supports the Zoo by providing funding for educational programming and organizing family events for the community.
- In August 2000, the Zoo reopened the $10.5 million “Berkshires to the Sea” renovation. The theme re-creates a 200 mile journey of wildlife and habitat from the Berkshire Mountains to Buzzards Bay.
- The Buttonwood Park Zoo is involved in a number of conservation and research projects of regional, national and international scope involving endangered and threatened species.
- The Zoo is open year round. The BPZS funds nearly 100 special programs and events for everyone to enjoy. These include Boo at the Zoo, Holiday Zoobilee, Wild Winter Week, Spring Vacation Week, and a variety of other events.
Come visit the Buttonwood Zoo and experience the many wonders!!